It’s easy to pick out those big items to put under the tree for an avid diver – gear, wet suits, and the new wave of DPVs (Diver Propulsion Vehicles) can easily top anyone’s wish list.
But some of the best gifts come in small sizes, and can be stuffed inside a stocking. These are the presents that add a little extra boost to any diver’s arsenal of equipment, and can bring a surprised smile on Christmas morning.
So what stocking stuffers should you get for your favorite diver?
Look for these little items to start:
- Polarized sunglasses – A good set of sunglasses is a must for any diver, for both sun protection and to be able to admire all the above-water scenery. There are some nice inexpensive options out there too, for gift givers on a budget, or for recipients who may have a habit of losing a pair or three.
- T-Shirt – A good tee is the unofficial uniform of all divers outside the water, and can be a conversation starter on a diving trip or a liveaboard. Amphibious Outfitters Dive Bolt T-Shirts is a popular brand for divers, and features plenty of chic options.
- Multi-Tools – Useful in and out of the water, a multi-tool like a fog-cutter knife or scissor/knife can be a life-saving present that every diver should have handy. Look for cool key chain varieties that are easy to transport everywhere you go.
- Books – From NAUI Diver manuals to reef guide books, it never hurts to brush up on your education. A solid log book can also be a useful tool for divers who love to store their memories. A waterproof dive card or map of a diver’s favorite region or new area of exploration can also be a fun reminder of both past trips, and diving trips to come.
- Watches – A waterproof watch can be a must for divers who may have timing issues, or who may be just a bit absent minded. (Ever lose a nice watch just because you forgot to take it off, or didn’t know how “waterproof” it actually was? It happens more than you think.) Watches that are designed specifically for divers can typically handle the depths, and are both functional and fashionable.
- Waterproof Camera Cases – The underwater amateur photography world has come a long way since the old plastic-encased Fun Saver cameras of decades past. With the new wave of underwater cases, divers can bring along their stellar camera and be assured that it will stay dry, and take some killer photos to boot.
- Waterproof Electronic Cases – A must for any long dive trip or liveaboard expedition, a waterproof electronic case will keep all your must-haves, from cell phones to tablets, fully operational throughout your trip.
- Something Fun for On the Land – From mousepads to jewelry to car decals, every diver needs a reminder that while they’re at the office, or plugging along their everyday routine, the open water is waiting. Pick up a few trinkets or stickers as a fun (and budget-friendly) way to let your favorite diver know that you understand that diving is always on their mind.
And best of all, you can find all of these gifts and more at ScubaToys.com!
Any other stocking stuffers you would want to see in your stocking? Let us know in the comments section below!
Stocking Stuffers for Divers
Looking for a few last minute gift ideas for the diver in your life? Check out our list of stocking stuffers such as sunglasses, waterproof cases and more!